We saw the Lion King last Sunday, courtesy of Wilf and Joan. I must say, I am not big fan of musicals and I wasn't really looking forward to this. But it was just fantastic. Not so much the story which I know already, but the sheer inventiveness of the set design and the animals. It is a real challenge to turn an animated animal film into a stage musical but it was done by fantastic ways of presenting elephants, giraffes, lions, hyenas, birds, zebras, cheetahs, even grass was done with invention and creativity. I was not bored once throughout the 150 minutes plus some. Recommended even without the kids.
Saturday, 25 April 2009
The Lion King
We saw the Lion King last Sunday, courtesy of Wilf and Joan. I must say, I am not big fan of musicals and I wasn't really looking forward to this. But it was just fantastic. Not so much the story which I know already, but the sheer inventiveness of the set design and the animals. It is a real challenge to turn an animated animal film into a stage musical but it was done by fantastic ways of presenting elephants, giraffes, lions, hyenas, birds, zebras, cheetahs, even grass was done with invention and creativity. I was not bored once throughout the 150 minutes plus some. Recommended even without the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment