Thursday, 4 December 2008
The Inquest
Because of the nature of Dad's death, the law requires an inquest. It was at the Old Courthouse in Hatfield today at 11am. The inquest was a documentational one; there was no need to call witnesses but I thought it would be good to go. The coroner, Mr. Thomas, was excellent. He drew upon police and medical evidence for the 'hard' data of the death and also upon the piece I wrote about any relevant information I had about the death and some of the family history I also provided. He was very compassionate and seemed to 'get inside' the case very well, especially as I only handed in my pieces 15 minutes before the inquest started. The room looked quite imposing when I went in, but he made it small and intimate. That is a good skill. I was very happy to have gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment